The mission of the San Diego Refugee Forum is to:
- Encourage, promote and facilitate coordination and collaboration in the delivery of services to the diverse communities of people – including refugees, asylees and asylum seekers – displaced from their homes abroad by war, violence or persecution and seeking refuge in San Diego.
- Provide opportunities for networking and information-sharing among refugee service providers, mainstream service providers, and governmental agencies.
- Provide opportunities for capacity building and organizational learning to refugee service providers and ethnic organizations.
- Provide education and advocacy on issues of concern to refugees and refugee service providers.
- Promote awareness and understanding in the broader community about refugees, asylees and asylum seekers, and the varied refugee populations in San Diego and their cultures.
- Attract additional resources for San Diego’s refugee service providers.
The vision of the San Diego Refugee Forum is a community of service providers (including both traditional refugee-serving agencies as well as mainstream providers from the fields of health care, education, social service, etc.) that freely shares information and seeks to collaborate proactively in providing the highest quality and effectiveness of service to refugees, asylees, asylum seekers, and others displaced from their homes abroad by war, violence or persecution and seeking refuge in San Diego.
See also minutes of past meetings at Past Meetings page.